Packaging Supervisor- 1st Shift
Job Title: Packaging Supervisor- 1st Shift
Company: Lactalis American Group
Location: Belmont, WI
Description: Come join the world’s leading dairy company and maker of award-winning specialty cheeses! We promote from within, so let’s discuss your career growth possibilities.
The Packaging Supervisor will assist the department manager to enhance the technical and financial performances of the packaging department. Incumbent will supervise their team to meet the required efficiencies in terms of quality, cost, deadlines and food safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
1. Supervise the packaging team’s work, integrate, training appraisal and discipline
2. Leading the team by delegating, instilling of responsibilities, setting targets, communicating instructions and control
3. Apply well defined standards with costs and budgets
4. Analysis and evaluation of packaging efficiency data and determining the negative or positive net effect
5. Lead and control various packaging parameters and implementing corrective actions
6. Propose improvement plans, and technical and organizational improvements to management
7. Works with Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager. Packaging in scheduling personnel and packaging schedule in a manner which maximizes the department’s production capability while meeting needs forecasted by sales
8. Organize technical means: Plan action for preventative maintenance and cleaning breakdown
9. Apply any environmental regulations and ensure they are respected. Propose improvements if necessary
10. Apply safety rules and ensure they are implemented and followed
11. Participate in analyzing occupational hazards as well as preventing potential risks
12. Take necessary measures if people are performing unsafe acts or are in an unsafe environment
13. Apply and enforce all quality programs
14. Work closely with quality and food safety team to ensure the quality and specifications of product are continually met
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy Science/ Chemistry or science related field preferred
- 2 Years experience in dairy production and/or food industry
- 2 Years experience in a management/ supervisory role
- Stable and dependable work history is required Specialized Knowledge
- Packaging equipment and processes, quality, food safety and health and safely
- Process management, collective line management, line and non-line management, computer/office systems Skills/Abilities
- Candidate will be analytical and be attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty, integrity, and objectivity
- The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. Capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills.
- Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
Contact: Email Kendal Garrison or call 608-762-5173 ext. 3104
Lactalis American Group is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. Must be at least 18 years old. Veterans encouraged to apply!