Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Company: Klondike Cheese Co.
Location: Monroe, Wisconsin
Description: The Procurement Specialist will utilize analytical, marketing, sales, and buying knowledge to efficiently and cost effectively source, contract and secure raw materials and packaging commodities in support of the Company’s business. This position is also responsible for maintaining vendor relations, managing vendor service levels, and monitoring costs and inventory levels.The Procurement Specialist will utilize analytical, marketing, sales, and buying knowledge to efficiently and cost effectively source, contract and secure raw materials and packaging commodities in support of the Company’s business. This position is also responsible for maintaining vendor relations, managing vendor service levels, and monitoring costs and inventory levels. Essential Functions:
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Formulate policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand, tracking market conditions, price trends, or futures markets.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Responsible for proactive communication between sales, production scheduling and suppliers to ensure clear understanding, agreement and communication of all supply requirements.
Additional Information: This job description is not all inclusive. The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Klondike Cheese Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Degree in Business preferred and 3 years of relevant work experience in procurement, or 5 to 7 years procurement experience in the fast moving consumer good or food industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including superb proficiency in excel. Experience with Inventory Management Software.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills. Capable of facilitating discussion. Clear and articulate speech.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract negotiation.
- Effectively work autonomously with minimal management direction.
- Understanding of HACCP and current food safety/quality legislation
- Knowledge of food ingredients and packaging manufacturing processes
- Good audit technique and follow up.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, problem analysis and critical thinking skills
- Managing & prioritizing a high volume of work in a fast paced environment.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $40,000-$60,000, based on experience
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
Contact: Email Melissa Brunner or call 608-325-3021