Product Quality Manager
Job Title: Product Quality Manager
Company: Dairyfood USA
Location: Blue Mounds, WI
Description: Dairyfood USA, Inc., a market leader in specialty cheese production for over 65 years, is currently seeking a is currently seeking a Product Quality Manager. This position contributes to organizational success by developing a culture of proactive quality with continuous improvement of first-pass quality, cost-variance minimization, and optimization of lab efficiencies. Based in our production facility in the heart of America’s Dairyland, Blue Mounds, WI, this position reports to the COO.
Primary Job Functions:
- Verify HACCP records daily to include blend/cook sheets for CCP ingredient additions, cook and fill temperature recording charts, manual fill temperature records, and Chem Lab moisture/fat/pH/salt results.
- Verify PC records daily including shipping/receiving logs, line and receiving Allergen label verifications, GMP inspections, and smoker chip water addition.
- Review daily QA production line check sheets. Ensure program compliance, trend any corrections made during checks. Log Lab Tech errors or gaps in check procedure for follow-up in training.
- Review daily production line weight-check records for regulatory compliance.
- Log and address any process deviations, NCMRs from previous day’s production. Investigate and complete Non-Conforming Material Reports. Prepare monthly summary/analysis (by category, etc.).
- Address daily GMP inspection findings with management for corrective action.
- Conduct monthly facility inspection with audit team and issue new audit reports to management (when developed). Track inspection close-outs.
- Complete NCMRs for aged ingredients or aged finished product too old to sell to customers.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety, and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products and summaries of determined quality-related metrics.
- Participate in Customer Audits & Regulatory Inspections for Product and Lab segments.
- Log and summarize system, process, and people performance gaps to determine immediate, on-going, and annual individual or group training needs.
- Product change: Attend New Product Development meetings. Ensure formulation sheets and chem lab specifications are current and updated as needed. Ensure production specification sheets are current, distributed, and updated as needed. Create weight cards and SPC charts for new products.
- Audits: Serve as Primary SQF Practitioner – maintain organization of QA/SQF files, set document structure, and coordinate annual exercises and document reviews. Lead presentation of documentation during Customer audits. Assist during Regulatory Inspections. Revise SQF documents and SOP’s as needed. Perform (lead) quarterly Quality Systems Audits (when developed).
- Log and investigate customer complaints.
- Participate in periodic Food Safety Plan review audits.
- Participate in quarterly Quality Systems Audits.
- Manage lab equipment calibration programs.
- Coordinate & manage lab activities for: Product releases based on successful completion of all required reviews and testing. Finished product COA issue/distribution. Warehouse ingredient testing & releases. Packaging material reviews & releases. Lab supply ordering. Data entry and internal results reporting.
- Identify and investigate potential formulation issues (moisture, fat, pH, texture) and confer on solutions with QA, Production, and R&D staff.
- Manage lab activities through scheduling, performance appraisal, discipline, coaching, training and development, etc. for Lab Techs. Schedule for and/or cover for absences as needed.
- Update testing procedures as needed and maintain Lab Manual. Conduct training reviews of Lab Tech performance to ensure quality of testing data.
- Train for Good Lab Practices through department meetings and bench work.
- Manage Micro Lab Proficiency Program testing. Address any unacceptable results.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Dairy Science, Food Science, Microbiology or a related field.
- 10 years professional experience in Quality Assurance in the food industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in food production and processing, quality assurance and regulatory compliance
Hours/Employment Type: Full time
Salary/Wages: $80,000 - $120,000 per year
How to Apply: Visit our online posting (https://www.indeed.com/job/product-quality-manager-f2a5e2c222478bfe)
Questions? Please contact JeremyNeary (email@example.com), (608)437-9488