Production Supervisor - Arena, WI
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Company: Arena Cheese
Location: Arena, Wisconsin
Description: Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor ensures the production of the company products at the highest quality, at the lowest possible costs, company performance standards are met, product specifications and delivery requirements are adhered to in accordance with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deem necessary.
- Direct, lead, manage, and supervise all production members in a manner that promotes an environment that is conducive to high productivity and low waste. Direct supervision of all production teams and members. Oversight may be required in the absence of their direct supervisors in other areas.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments to ensure the production of company products at the highest quality at the lowest cost, meeting company standards and customer specifications requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure full utilization of production labor at all times. Schedule production members to do special projects as needed.
- Schedule breaks and lunches for all production packers, machine operators and palletizers daily. Adjust break and lunch schedules to fully utilize all production members.
- Promote a safe, secure and positive work environment for all production and Arena Cheese members.
- Assist with, coordinate, and administer company policies and programs as they relate to production operations.
- Ensure the training of new and present production members in the processes, procedures, and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety.
- Know and understand all production functions; and provide backup to production members during peak times, vacations, absences, breaks, etc.
- Continuous review and evaluation of production department processes, procedures and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, utilization of production associates, and quality of product.
- Continually monitor operational procedures, processes, and procedures through regular checks of code date information, product weight control, and material usage.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentations, and quality records. This is to include review of all documentation and investigation of any variances at the end of the production shift. Supervisor sign-off of all operator documentation at the end of each production shift indicates that all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Conduct weekly member meetings and 1:1 with all Leaders weekly.
- Continuously communicate with managers, supervisors, and members from all areas such as: warehouse, maintenance, quality assurance, and sanitation department as it relates to production issues or schedule changes.
- Ensure that all GMPs and Food Safety procedures are followed by all production members and everyone on the production floor.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including GMP, OSHA, FDA, WDATCP and USDA.
- In the event food safety or food quality may be compromised during the production process, the production coaches are responsible for immediate communication to a Food Safety Manager, Plant Manager, or the General Manager so the immediate action can be taken.
- Ensure compliance of all safety and work rules by all production members and everyone else on the production floor. Enforce and execute Arena Cheese’s attendance policy.
- Participate in weekly production meeting and other planning meetings as required, recommending space, personnel and equipment requirements.
- Conduct corrective and/or disciplinary action and replace non-performing or poor-performing production members as deemed necessary.
- Schedule production member’s vacations according to the company policy.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, processes and methods.
- Communicate needed repairs and maintenance of plant equipment to maintenance staff verbally and/or through written work orders.
Experience, Skills and Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a two-year Associate Degree and one to two years related experience; or four years of high school and seven to ten years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Direct member supervision and coaching preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as GMPs, safety rules, production schedules, maintenance work orders and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, procedures, processes, and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with production associates, freezer members, warehouse members, managers, other department coaches and other members of Arena Cheese.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization and resources exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to carry out Production Coach responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The Production Supervisor is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying and moving parts, materials, and product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time, Monday – Friday 3:00am- 11:30am*
*Start and end times may be subject to change dependent on applicant and company needs. Possible weekends as Production demands. Possible time outside of normal hours for Coaching, Teaching and Training.
$52,000 to 65,000/year
How to Apply: Contact Rob Neubauer, 608-753-2501 Ext. 710