Production Supervisor - La Crosse, WI
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: La Crosse, WI
We are looking for Production Supervisors in La Crosse, WI.
These roles are open due to internal promotions and plant growth!
We need one Production Supervisor for each of the below shifts:
- 6:30 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday
- 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm Monday - Friday
- 10:30 pm - 7:00 am Sunday - Thursday
The Production Supervisor assists in overseeing production and packaging in the plant facility. The Production Supervisor supervises the operation of workers and equipment in the production and packaging area, while applying learned knowledge of processes involved and production methods.
- Perform the daily tasks of certain Sanitation positions based on the Plant Regulatory reports issued on an as needed basis.
- Completion of Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) documents in preparation for audits with daily sign-off if required, providing appropriate information to Quality Assurance as required. Follow-up on any audit items as needed.
- Work directly with Supervisor and/or Quality when sanitation issues require immediate attention; redirecting workers to these areas as needed. Provide updates to the Quality Department and Plant or Production Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure In-Process samples are properly handled.
- Gather and review paperwork, legal charts and chemical concentrations.
- Ensure all employees are following proper procedures, completing safe working practices, and producing quality products. Identify and assist in implementing improvements in safety, quality, and productivity on shift.
- Communicate issues in production, sanitation, or equipment to next shift supervisor.
- Participate and prepare for company, customer, and third-party audits as needed.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate for optimal and efficient production of products; acting as backup for the production line positions as needed.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years lead or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience in a dairy and/or food production plant preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate's Degree from a two-year college or technical school in a Science, Business, Operations Management or related field preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity