Production Supervisor - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Job Title: Production Supervisor - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Company: Milk Specialties Global
Location: New Holstein, WI
Description: At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios.
The Production Supervisor has the responsibility for directing shift personnel in the operation of the facility, ensuring consistent manufacture of finished products meeting all customer volume and quality requirements. Essential Functions:
- Coordinate activities within all process areas ensuring product meets all defined scheduling and quality requirements.
- Work with Operators to organize and maximize inclusion of all raw materials and rework to be utilized in production process.
- Ensure that physical characteristics are monitored hourly.
- Evaluate products for specs, grits, flavor, density, mix abilities and moisture, ensuring finished product meets all quality specifications.
- Implement and enforce safety and regulatory programs to ensure long term safe operation of the facility.
- Lead and supervise all production personnel in functional areas constantly raising the standard of performance.
- Establish education and development programs for employees including SOP’s, quality specifications, safety and job expectations.
- Responsible for communicating performance/KPI’s to the team on a daily basis.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and timely completion of all shift reports including Inventory levels as the plants KPI matrix.
- Coordinate all record keeping with Production Manager such as production, quality assurance, inventory control, production planning and administrative personnel.
- Responsible for nightly production reporting Team with Process Manager and Production Manager with the continual evaluation of production and efficiency records to improve equipment capabilities and outputs.
- Help develop the weekly and/or monthly production schedule and employee staffing in accordance to business needs.
- Maintain and improve all plant sanitation programs.
- Responsible for keeping the plant clean and orderly at all times.
- Coordinate and schedule equipment repairs with Maintenance department as necessary and coordinate preventative maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal safety and regulatory policies and practices.
- Assist with period-end and year-end balancing inventories
Experience, Skills and Abilities: Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred 2+ years previous management experience, preferably in a dairy processing plant. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills. Strong working knowledge of computer software applications. Previous supervisory experience.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary/Wages: Open to discussion with candidates
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Emily Bauer, (612) 254-7936