Job Title: Project/Process Engineer
Company: Caloris Engineering
Location: Easton, Maryland
Description: This position will be a part of the Process Engineering team. Our office is located in beautiful Easton, Maryland – where we offer a great work environment and competitive benefits. Caloris is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Come be a part of a better process.
- Perform engineering process calculations involving thermal processes including evaporation, distillation, spray drying, membrane filtration
- Perform detailed engineering associated with execution of capital process equipment supply contracts, including hydraulic and utility consumption calculations
- Calculate appropriate sizing of process components including pumps, valves, fans, heat exchangers, ducting & pipelines, etc.
- Support Project Management team in specification and procurement of process components and instrumentation
- Assist with the development of conceptual process designs, plant surveys, equipment troubleshooting, and process validation
- Develop and maintain process documentation in accordance with company standards, including process flow diagrams, technical manuals, training materials, etc.
- Develop detailed functional specifications for plant automation
- Actively participate in on-site commissioning of process equipment and training of customer personnel
- Survey existing plants/equipment
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Secondary involvement in project management and mechanical design functions
- Actively participate in the Company’s continuous innovation and product development efforts
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience as a process or project engineer with an engineering or processing company.
- A conceptual understanding of heat and mass transfer, heat and mass balances, fluid flow and energy conversion.
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills, including highly technical material.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and effective use of email.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and capable of performing job duties without supervision.
- Experience with chemical engineering software (ChemCAD, Aspen, etc).
- Familiarity with food or dairy processing. Experience with evaporation, crystallization, spray drying, membrane filtration, distillation.
- BS in Chemical Engineering, or a related degree.
- Basic understanding of/familiarity with modern PLC-based industrial automation/control systems.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Must be able to travel an average of 30%. Travel will be throughout the United States with some international travel possible. Must be able to perform extended travel (up to 2 weeks duration) and occasional weekend travel.
- Must be physically able to work long days when on-site.
- Must be physically able to climb multiple flights of stairs and ladders. Willingness to relocate to Easton, Md., is preferred but not required.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply: Please visit our online website