Job Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: La Crosse, WI
Description: The Purchasing Coordinator works with suppliers to ensure all required ingredients, packaging and supplies are on order or in stock. This includes gathering information regarding annual purchase volumes and dollars on core purchases and utilizing MRP to determine purchase requirements. The Purchasing Coordinator issues and follows-up on purchase orders and reviews purchase volumes versus contracted quantities on ingredients and packaging.
- Negotiate pricing and ensure that all ordered items will be delivered in a timely and accurate fashion from suppliers.
- Obtain all necessary information from suppliers to complete the logistics process and serve as backup to the Logistics Coordinator as needed.
- Manage returns and claims with vendors.
- Work alongside Inventory and Production Planning groups to ensure optimal levels of inventory are maintained.
- Collaborate with manager and Global Sourcing team on strategic purchasing initiatives.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all material information is available for Quality Assurance review and approval.
- Regularly review actual purchases versus contract amounts to determine contract variance. Keep manager informed of potential issues resulting from exceeding or not meeting contracted amounts.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity