Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Location: Le Sueur, Minnesota
Description: The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all efforts are made to acquire goods and services in a timely manner; that the competitive bid process is fair and ethical, that vendors comply with contract terms and that vendor payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to Organization policy.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Lead the activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling and distributing materials, equipment, machinery and supplies.
- Understanding of and compliance with all Quality Assurance policies, and immediate reporting of any potential food safety issues to management.
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Minimum three (3) years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Visit our online posting