Job Title: QA Specialist
Company: Milk Specialties Global
Location: Wautoma, Wisconsin
Description: At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. The human nutrition division focuses on industry leading whey and milk protein isolates, concentrates, and hydrolysates - backed by the speed, execution, and passion it takes to exceed the expectation of our customers.
We are currently seeking a QA Specialist to join the Wautoma, WI team. The shift for the position is M-F 8a-4p with occasional OT. Starting wage for this position is $18.00 per hour based on experience.
The Quality Assurance Specialist has the responsibility for supporting the Quality Teams.
- As part of the quality team, help drive a positive plant Quality culture change by leading with a positive attitude and innovative thinking that contributes to the overall MSG business strategy.
- Actively coach plant personnel to continuously raise the standard of plant quality performance.
- Help in the development and execution of education and development programs for all employees including food safety pre-requisite programs, HACCP and quality program expectations.
- Conduct new hire quality orientation training.
- Review & approve specifications for:
- Packaging components Blending and Finished Good Master Manufacturing Records Drive improvements by maintaining quality databases to identify trending gaps/risks.
- Quality Holds:
- Support quality holds program by creating physical red tags, completing electronic segregation in System21, log quality holds in site's quality hold database, and communicate internal hold status updates
- Supplier Non-Conformances:
- Initiate supplier non-conformances when received materials are out-of-spec upon receipt or use in operations
- Packaging Component Releases:
- Review component release packets for accuracy, completion, and compliance to regulatory and process requirements
- Customer Sampling:
- Review micro testing status and prepare sample shipments
- Collaborate cross-functionally to accurately document deviations, their root cause, immediate corrective actions, preventative actions, and rationale.
- Notify Quality and Plant leadership when physical, chemical or microbiological analysis of products or ingredients does not meet specification.
- Assist with and/or lead finished product problems, investigations and customer complaints.
- Assist as needed technical service inquiries.
- Work with Quality Manager to assure correct product disposition.
- Perform internal quality audits and assist with customer audits.
- Assist in achieving the successful completion of plant Quality and Food safety initiative as directed.
- Monitor and communicate trends and issues on all finished products.
- Assist Quality Manager in evaluating and improving existing quality systems and quality SOP's.
- Help ensure plant compliance with all company, state and federal safety and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain plant "Change control" and "Change management" documentation.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal Candidates will have 3-5 years of plant operations/quality/laboratory experience, preferably in a food grade manufacturing facility, strong knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and computer software applications.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Hours/Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary/Wages: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Madelyn Billmeyer (612) 326-9903