QA Supervisor - La Crosse
Job Title: QA Supervisor
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
The Quality Assurance Supervisor works closely with the Quality Management team in the areas of food quality, food safety, sanitation, pest control, environmental monitoring, and internal auditing. The Quality Assurance Supervisor consistently promotes and maintains a safe work environment while striving to ensure quality-focused programs that aid in producing products that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Manage, implement, and monitor SQF, NSF, and other certification programs and procedures as well as act as primary SQF practitioner in the event the Quality Assurance Manager is absent or when all other SQF practitioners are absent.
- Help manage audits to include third party audits, large customer audits, and certification audits: SQF, NSF, Organic, Halal, Kosher, Gluten Free, etc. Position will require prompt follow up on assigned corrective action when necessary.
- Supports and leads assigned customer complaints, including investigation; root cause analysis, corrective action, and timely written response back to customer.
- Monitor all environmental results to help facilitate root cause analysis and follow-up on corrective actions where necessary.
- Compiles information and submits Quality Incident Reports (QIRs) when issues result in supplier complaints for the facility.
- Daily review of all PC records. Facilitate effective cross-department communication to resolve internal, third party and regulatory audit findings.
- Work with plant, corporate and client personnel to resolve day-to-day quality tasks and needs as they arise.
- Oversee the hold and release of finished products
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Works directly with manager and indirectly with Quality Assurance Operations Manager, serving as a back-up for the manager as needed.
- Work safely with chemicals.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum two (2) years of quality assurance/quality control experience required.
Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of quality experience with food processing preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, FDA, or other regulatory compliance programs preferred.
- HACCP certification preferred.
- SQF Practitioner certification preferred.
- PCQI certification preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity