Quality Assurance Operations Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance Operations Manager
Location: La Crosse, WI
Description: The Quality Assurance Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining Agropur's Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program including all planned and systematic activities within the quality system that are demonstrated to provide confidence that the product meets quality requirements. The Quality Assurance Operations Manager provides leadership for all quality and food safety programs in an operationally complex ingredient and contract manufacturing facility. Operations within this facility include processing specialty ingredients, private label, and contract manufacturing blends sold to leading retail, food, beverage, and nutritional customers world-wide.
- Manage the formulation, implementation and maintenance of basic policies, plans, programs, standards and techniques necessary to achieve food safety and quality objectives.
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which Agropur's food safety/quality goals, objectives and standards are being met; utilizing the results in the effective management of Quality Assurance activities and recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Interface with sales, suppliers, customers, manufacturing, and distribution to establish food safety and quality requirements on individual products and services based on customer need, the function of the product and compliance to applicable regulations.
- Manage food safety and quality assurance functions to ensure that proposed and existing products and processes are reviewed to avoid or eliminate food safety and quality issues; developing recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all operations comply with government and agency regulations; manage all audits with such agencies.
- Communicate effectively with employees, maintenance, quality, management and other team members.
- Responsible for department budget and cost management activities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Direct implementation of departmental objectives, goals and policies.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Work directly with the Plant Manager and Plant and Corporate Quality Assurance
- Work in concert with department managers and function as a member of the plant management team to improve overall process.
- Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Lab Procedures (GLP), Safety policies, regulatory requirements and organization guidelines.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity