Job Title: Quality Technician
Company: Crystal Farms
Location: Lake Mills, Wisconsin
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Accurately perform quality line checks on product including visual inspection of packages, weight checks, case checks, leaker checks, gas checks, etc. Inspect product for defects, foreign objects, etc.
- Accurately record quality check results and retain library samples.
- Review production schedules to ensure proper products (cheese, labels, dates, etc.) are being used.
- Identify quality defects and place product on hold as needed.
- Evaluate Hold product, disposition, adjust warehouse inventory, and maintain appropriate records.
- Sample, Grade, and pH incoming cheese for acceptance for packaging.
- Perform and record Microbiological and chemical test results on raw materials, finished product and environment.
- Prepare environmental swabs to send out for pathogen testing.
- Troubleshoot problems of a quality nature, inform supervisor/lead and suggest corrective action.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding quality issues/complaints.
- Maintain and review quality and production records/files (Leaker %s, Hold Product logs, Weight files, finished product audits, etc.).
- Train co-workers and new hires as needed.
- Monitor lab supplies and inform manager of need to reorder.
- Maintain daily communication with manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Hours/Employment Type: Full-Time
How to Apply: Email Margie Ulrich
Questions? Please contact Margie Ulrich (920) 648-7355