Regional FSQA Manager
Job Title: Regional FSQA Manager
Company: Hilmar Cheese Company
Location: Dalhart, Texas
Description: Based in the South Central Region, this role directly supports the planning, start-up, and operation of a new state-of-the-art dairy process facility. Additionally, this role provides FSQA management and oversight over two facilities in Kansas and North-West Texas.
The Regional Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for all aspects of food quality and food safety. The role provides guidance and is the champion for GMP’s, HACCP, HARPC, SQF, regulatory and customer requirements, sanitation, food safety and quality program administration.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring all aspects of the Corporate Food Safety & Quality Management Systems, at Sites levels are effectively implemented.
- Support FMEA analysis at facility construction, vertical start-up, and through normal plant operation. Implement strategies with cross-functional groups and other project team members Develop critical quality and standards for the new facility.
- Work closely with Site Directors while developing and driving quality, sanitation, and food safety projects/initiatives for the sites to completion and appropriate execution and continuous improvement.
- Provide management and Corporate Quality Team with regular and complete reports on all matters of quality, food safety, regulatory, and sanitation.
- Drive, lead, and troubleshoot food safety, sanitation, and quality investigations to ensure that all critical and major issues are thoroughly escalated and investigated with appropriate corrective actions, including but not limited to, out of specification, in-process and finished product test results.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning by teaching, coaching and mentoring others and maintaining professional working relationships with plant management, customers, vendors, regulators, and corporate support staff.
- Oversee the effectiveness of the environmental monitoring program and pre-operational inspection program and associated activities and make necessary modifications to promote continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation and execution of sanitation programs including, but not limited to: CIP validation and verification activities, environmental cleaning programs, and pre-operational swabbing/inspections.
- Responsible for planning, directing, & adherence to the Site Laboratory & Food Safety budget plan and managing Quality leaders and supervise staff. Recommend proper staffing of QA personnel and proper equipment maintenance and calibration needs.
- Responsible for the coordination of selected GFSI certification Programs & compliance as well as for oversight of site Kosher & Halal programs.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in related field plus 7 years’ related experience OR Master’s degree plus 3 years’ related experience.
- Food Safety Plan development, Auditing, and Regulatory requirements experience.
- Knowledge of Continuous development of food safety and food regulation.
- Experience leading, managing and influencing teams and people.
- Strategic knowledge of production operations management for quality, yield and cost.
- Experience in Ready-to-eat and “high-care” food products and working with auditors and large food manufacturers as customers.
- Leadership experience managing and influencing teams.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Send application to Stephanie Miller
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Miller, (209) 656-6380