Register Now for WCMA Leadership Trainings
MADISON, WI — The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) has opened registration for its popular Fall/Winter 2021 leadership trainings. WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training develops the skills of small-team supervisors, and the WCMA Advanced Leadership Series provides management acumen for mid-level managers.
“As the nationwide labor shortage continues, managers and supervisors who drive productivity and foster a sense of belonging in a workplace are more valuable than ever,” said Rebekah Sweeney, WCMA Communications, Education and Policy Director. “WCMA is proud to offer industry-specific training opportunities to support leadership development in your key staff.”
WCMA Front-Line Leadership Training returns with hybrid offerings, allowing students to join classes in person in Madison, Wisconsin, or online from anywhere in the world. The courses in this training track can be taken à la carte and in any order.
- Part A, focused on exploring the essential skills to own your role as a supervisor, will be held September 7.
- Part B centers on positively impacting staff performance, and will be held on October 4.
- Part C breaks down the key ingredients for cultivating a team, and will be held on November 8.
Tuition is $135 per student for each Part, and includes materials and instruction, as well as lunch for those attending in person. Enrollment is limited to 22 individuals per class.
The WCMA Advanced Leadership Series will also be offered to students in a hybrid format, allowing them to join the three sessions either in Madison, Wisconsin, or online. Participants enroll for the entire series to create a cohort of students who learn from each other, as well as the instructor.
- Session 1 is set for September 16 and will encourage participants to take initiative in driving change and generating positive results for their company.
- Session 2 will be held November 15 and focuses on the application of a creative and collaborative problem-solving process.
- Session 3 wraps the series on January 18, 2022, detailing the tools and strategies leaders use to foster collaboration and resolve workplace conflict.
This series also features guest speakers from industry detailing their leadership successes and challenges, and requires participants to complete real-world projects that implement their new knowledge. The cost for the entire series, including materials, instruction, and meals, is $495 per participant. Enrollment is limited to 20 individuals.
For more information – including reviews and testimonials from past participants – and to register now, click here.