Job Title: Safety Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Description: The Safety Manager is responsible for directing and leading all site safety programs including but not limited to: new employee safety orientation, safety training, written program creation and maintenance, assisting with programs such as Workers’ Compensation, and Process Safety Management. The Safety Manager empowers leadership and employees to embrace safety as a top priority in all job-related functions and to ultimately reach an accident-free working environment by ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulations as applicable.
- Develop and maintain all current written safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and administration to the safety program by developing and driving execution of plans.
- Drive training and coaching to ensure Safety standards and awareness are well understood throughout the organization.
- Develop and administer a new and transfer employee safety orientation program.
- Ensure facilities are compliant with all OSHA, all federal and state/local safety guidelines and requirements, and organization safety standards.
- Develop safety performance standards, methods of accomplishing those standards and reporting processes for ensuring compliance.
- Lead and develop the Safety Committee with the involvement of Plant Managers and a cross section of plant based employees.
- Develop and administer the Accident Investigation program coordinating all Injury/Incident reviews, leading action plans and root cause analysis to include resolution in partnership with management.
- Assist employees with injury/accident claims, and monitor/manage the claims process.
- Develop, implement and refine injury prevention processes for continuous improvement in injury frequency, compliance issues and worker’s compensation.
- Collaborate with Workers’ Compensation insurance carrier safety consultants on loss prevention services.
- Assist with managing the corporate Workers’ Compensation program with the plant based Human Capital Business Partner and Site Managers to bring employees back to work in a time efficient and safe manner.
- Lead the resolution of Worker’s Compensation issues with emphasis on implementing cost control measures and proper case management.
- Understand relevant technical requirements in safety, including Federal, State and local ordinances and rules. Ensures standards meet or exceed both company and governmental regulations.
- Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Oversee and audit all plant safety training activities, including monthly department and business unit safety audits. Develop meaningful safety measures for plant scorecard to drive performance improvements. Identify and communicate organizational safety objectives and practices to actionable solutions.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field of study required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience within a similar manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of First Aid, Confined Space entry, LOTO, Process Safety Management, and experience in Classroom Instruction required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Dairy experience preferred.
- Food/beverage manufacturing and dairy safety background highly preferred.
- ASP, CSP certifications preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity