Safety Specialist–La Crosse, WI
Job Title: Safety Specialist
Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin
Description: The Safety Specialist assists the Safety Manager/Plant Manager with site safety programs including but not limited to: new employee safety orientation, safety training, written program creation and maintenance, assist with programs such as Workers’ Compensation, and process safety management. Responsible for directing, managing, identifying and auditing the systems associated with Plant and Health & Safety compliance. Ensure compliance with local, state, federal regulations such as OSHA, NFPA, and ANSI. Identify, evaluate, and act on company initiatives or risk mitigation to ensure continuous improvement of Health and Safety measures, Worker’s Compensation costs, and overall safety culture.
- Provide training and coaching to ensure Safety standards and awareness are well understood throughout the organization.
- Provide compliance training to applicable employees on OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Ensure facilities are compliant with all OSHA, all federal and state/local safety guidelines and requirements, and organization safety standards.
- Administer a new and transfer employee safety orientation program.
- Research, develop, and deliver safety materials and training presentations.
- Review and edit written programs annually.
- Maintain safety training attendance records.
- Track and maintain pertinent safety information on a database.
- Understand and adhere to all Quality Assurance policies, Good Manufacturing Practice and Standard Operating Procedures and translate into workable plant procedures, including implementation and accountability to the policies.
- Partner with management to investigate all safety incidents and “Near Misses”, conduct reviews, and determine root cause analysis to include resolution and develop action plans.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in safety and health work required.
- Minimum two (2) years within a similar manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of First Aid, Confined Space entry, LOTO, Process Safety Management, and experience in Classroom Instruction required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field of study preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Dairy experience preferred.
- Food/beverage manufacturing and dairy safety background highly preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity