Senior Process Improvement Engineer–Grand Rapids, MI
Job Title: Senior Process Improvement Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Description: The Senior Process Improvement Engineer uses engineering knowledge to continually optimize and improve processes and activities at operating facilities through plant performance testing, monitoring and data analysis. This position provides technical support to the plant focused on operational improvement, technology selection, optimization, and troubleshooting. This position also helps develop test plans, execute the test plans, analyze the results, prepare the reports, make recommendations to plant management, and work on the implementation of the improvements.
- Troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action or proposes necessary to correct.
- Develop and implement new procedures and policies to maximize the efficiencies of manufacturing systems.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis for various design alternatives.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of products.
- Review and comment on technical specifications on projects to ensure efficiencies within facility.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or another technical field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a related field required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge in process engineering with experience in aseptic operations (Tetra) preferred.
- Dairy or food experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, OSI Pi, and Maximo preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity