Senior Whey Technologist - Le Sueur, MN
Job Title: Senior Whey Technologist
Location: Le Sueur, Minnesota
Description: The Senior Whey Technologist is responsible for planning and developing systems and procedures for new unit operations or to improve the quality and efficiency of existing unit operations used to produce whey based ingredients.
Accurately perform statistical analysis of laboratory and process data to identify trends, deficiencies and formulate predictions.
Generate new reports and revise existing reports that include yielding, solids recoveries and various other metrics.
Training employees in work methods and procedures.
Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications
Direct setup and adjustments of equipment machinery.
Work with plant, corporate and client personnel to resolve issues or investigate improvement opportunities as needed.
Understand and compliance with all Quality Assurance policies; immediately reporting any potential food safety issues to management.
Proficiently measure microbial quality of dairy processes and resolve related issues.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Science, Dairy Production or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a dairy manufacturing environment required.
- Experience in mechanical and membrane separation and ion-exchange required.
- Experience in scaling R&D or pilot work into real world commercial applications required.
- Good mechanical skills required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our website