Technical Sales Manager
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager
Company: Nelson-Jameson, Inc
Description: Nelson-Jameson is seeking a high-energy, customer-focused individual who is passionate about worker safety to help drive the continued growth of Personal Safety products and services.
- Collaborate with Technical Sales Managers in shared, assigned categories to promote gross margin dollar maintenance and growth aligned with company benchmarks.
- Proactively be the technical expert in assigned categories through continuing education and industry outreach/involvement.
- Joint calls with Sales & Product Management to support pre and post sales activities in assigned categories.
- Regular cadence with key customers in assigned categories.
- Collaborate with Sales & Product Management to promote assigned key supplier relationships.
- Provide service externally as well as internally on the research of desired products, what products are best to use in the field for customer needs, providing quotations, handling complaints, warranty questions, expedite deliveries, and returns.
- Grow sales with assigned products into new, casual and core accounts.
- Help grow accounts across the board.
- Maximize gross margin.
- Provide technical assistance to customers for assigned products as necessary.
- Provide continued service for technical inquiries in order to:
- Offer faster, more direct response to customers.
- Reduce customer concerns.
- Improve service quality by providing more consistent responses.
- Provide service in a more cost effective manner.
- Recognize and respond quickly for quality improvement.
- Find opportunities to extend the product line.
- Attain training by utilizing resources provided by suppliers or in continuing education in order to provide support and training to customers and employees.
- Provide direct technical sales support on assigned products in a targeted region or market. This may include trade shows, workshops, seminars, and direct contact with customers to demonstrate or explain products and services.
- Work with marketing to develop strategy to target and promote assigned products.
- Provide feedback to sales and product department staff on product performance and marketing strategies.
- Develop training and promotional aids, demonstrations, and customer operating procedures.
- Work with management to accomplish growth goals.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Education: High school degree or equivalent.
- Experience: 3+ years of plant experience and/or industry knowledge of products.
- Has time and territory management skills. Utilized a CRM tool, excellent communication skills, etc.
- Has strong internal and external communication skills. This person needs to be able to communicate across multiple functions at Nelson-Jameson (sales, marketing, pricing, etc.)
- 75% travel required
- Travel mainly in the Midwest (WI, MN, IL, IA, MI), but up to and including the continental
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Education: Post-secondary education.
- Experience in food science, cheese-making, food production, or related fields.
- Sales experience.
- Has experience with diagnosing workplace hazards and has helped to implement corrective action plans with EHS Managers and Industrial Hygienists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle, or feel, and talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position requires remote work, plant visits, and office presence as assigned, and can include warehouse environments. The noise level is commiserated with production facilities when visiting customers and suppliers.
Work Week: Hours: 42-45 Days: Monday-Friday Weekends: As required
Salary Range: Base - $75,000 - $85,000
The above is an overview of the position described and is not intended to be all inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Responsibility and Duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, including the physical demands listed, are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Lindsy Cassata (linkedin.com/in/lindsycassata)