Temporary Laboratory Technician
Job Title: Temporary Laboratory Technician
Company: Foremost Farms USA
Location: Reedsburg, WI
Description: This position is responsible for performing chemical, microbiological and physical tests on products and incoming raw materials for the plant, to ensure the highest possible product quality, in accordance with company policies and procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Perform essential laboratory duties including the preparation of test equipment, media preparation, sample preparation and test controls.
- Perform tests according to standardized written procedures.
- Input results as directed, report any "out of specification" results to supervisor as instructed and assist in investigations.
- Conduct in plant sampling and testing in conjunction with the laboratory programs that monitor and support Foremost Farms programs and our customer's quality expectations
- Maintain documentation as required.
- Perform patron quality tests as requested and communicate effectively with patrons and field representatives.
- Comply with company safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Perform plant quality control audits as requested.
- Be an active participant in continuous improvement projects, quality committees and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Share in weekend and holiday coverage as assigned.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with co workers.
- When necessary, communicate with visitors or guests in a professional manner, always projecting a positive image of Foremost Farms and our products.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee is continuously (more than 67 to 100% of time) required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, walk and stand; to verbally communicate; and to hear.
- The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift/move 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock.
- According to the work being performed employee will be required to use PPEs includes the use of a hair net, hearing protection, laboratory coat and apron, gloves, bump cap, and eye protection.
- The noise level in the work environment is a combination of moderate and very loud.
- This position may need personal protective equipment that is appropriate for the job being performed, such as hearing protection, food safety clothing, slip resistant shoes and other.
- Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs; exposure to Laboratory Information Management systems (LIMS) is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons, haulers, state and federal agencies, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Demonstrate good decision making abilities based on a variety of situations.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, calculator, FAX, photocopier, telephone, etc.
- The ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Requires ability to operate a wide variety of small hand tools.
- Requires the knowledge of and the ability to operate a wide variety of standard lab and testing equipment.
- This position prefers an Associate Degree in a field of study, or related field, or some college coursework and three to five years of job-related experience.
- We’re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence.
Because we’re working to be the world’s best – to Be Foremost – we’ll bring out the best in you.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Wage: Based on experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting
Questions? Please contact Claire Selden, (608) 355-8793