VP - Human Resources
Job Title: VP - Human Resources
Company: Valley Queen Cheese
Location: Milbank, South Dakota
Description: The position oversees the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, administration, and evaluation of the company’s human resources function. Responsible for developing and ensuring effective implementation of plans, systems, policies and processes for workforce planning, domestic and international talent acquisition, talent management and development, employee engagement, legal compliance and recordkeeping, employee relations, total rewards (compensation and benefits), oversee internal/external corporate communications and employee payroll. Provides executive leadership and oversight to the managers and leaders of the company to ensure optimal performance of personnel from each department.
- Collaborate with leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate a HR and Talent Management Strategy to achieve the company’s vision, mission and goals.
- Oversee domestic and international recruitment efforts to ensure that the company is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting candidates that will contribute to the company’s success.
- Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession planning.
- Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture that positions Valley Queen as an “employer of choice.”
- Develop and oversee internal career path planning to provide employees with a view to career progression and aid in employee development discussions.
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, ensuring that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching, collaborate effectively when co-managing staff, and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Mitigate the company’s legal risk through proactive training and education, clear systems, and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination & other unjust practice allegations.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local, state and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee records are properly and securely maintained.
- Design and implement a competitive compensation system and benefit package to attract and retain quality candidates and employees. Partner with leadership to develop a Total Rewards/Pay philosophy, regularly review compensation and benefits market data, monitor pay practices and proactively address compensation and benefit issues.
- Manage benefit broker resources and benefits enrollment process, manage leave administration and the payroll function.
- Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology, enabling managers and employees to easily perform people-related transactions (e.g. benefits enrollment), facilitates delivery of effective HR services, securely stores employee data, and supports people-related decisions.
- Lead and develop the HR and Communications staff by cultivating a high-performance environment and establishing clear roles, priorities, goals and holding them accountable for achieving results.
- Oversee internal and external communications initiatives to achieve the company’s vision, mission and goals.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent years of experience in Human Resources or related field. HRCI and/or SHRM Certification required or attained within one year of hire.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR generalist experience partnering directly with senior leadership to develop, align and implement HR and organizational development strategies.
- Experience supervising and developing staff.
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management, compensation and benefits, and HR technology.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Email Mindy Rogers
Questions? Please contact Mindy Rogers, (605) 432-9652