Warehouse Supervisor - La Crosse
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location: La Crosse, WI
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing and coordinating the daily operations of the plant warehouse with the goal of shipping, receiving and transferring product in an efficient and economical manner. The Warehouse Supervisor develops, promotes, and maintains a safe warehouse environment and a workforce capable of meeting warehouse requirements in accordance with customer needs and overall goals of the organization. The Warehouse Supervisor also builds and maintains good business relationships with local third-party warehouses.
- Work closely with purchasing and production planning departments to manage warehouse space effectively with changing demand in production.
- Work with Production Supervisors to ensure Batching and Put-away employees are working efficiently and productively with the Dockworkers.
- Communicate effectively with transportation, customer service and other employees to assure timely work flow resulting in positive customer experience.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate in each area for optimal and efficient receipt, shipment, and transfer of products.
- Certify and train forklift drivers in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Oversee/track receipts of finished goods into inventory for production
- Coordinate forklift maintenance program, track inspections, and manage emergency repair contract and emergency calls.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Approve schedule and time cards. Provide back up for Warehouse Manager, if applicable by location.
- Act as back-up for Shipping and Receiving Clerks as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in a distribution or shipping & receiving environment required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or a related field preferred.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online posting
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity