Wastewater Treatment Environmental Manager
Job Title: Wastewater Treatment Environmental Manager
Location: Lake Norden, South Dakota
Description: The Wastewater Treatment Environmental Manager is responsible for the operation and direction of a fully functional Wastewater Treatment Plant. This position maintains all equipment in the Wastewater Treatment Plant and is also responsible for ensuring effective facility maintenance, housekeeping and safety; maintaining regulatory compliance for the building, grounds, and treatment facility. This position has direct oversight for equipment, facility and workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure work practices and facility design are compliant with codes, standards and applicable regulations. Identify and promote best management practices.
- Lead the daily operation of the wastewater treatment plant and ensure environmental compliance for the sit; effectively resolving issues as they arise.
- Manage workers associated with the system, monitoring for the performance of proper and timely maintenance of equipment and facility; to include ground and wastewater treatment system.
- Supervise the cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of process equipment in the wastewater facility, assisting in the process as needed.
- Effectively work with plant maintenance and contractors as required.
- Manage facility environmental programs and ensure compliance with Federal, State and local environmental statutes.
- Ensure inspections by regulatory and outside agencies are coordinated, and deficiencies are minimized and corrected.
- Act a plant liaison for local, state, and federal agencies related to compliance issues and public complaints; work to resolve issues; involve Plant Manager and Environmental Compliance Manager when as appropriate.
- Keep current with developments in environmental regulations; share knowledge of changes with wastewater operators and the plant management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experienced may be considered.
- Minimum four (4) years of Wastewater Treatment experience required, (2) years within a Class III or higher facility.
- Storm water discharge monitoring experience required.
- Air monitoring experience required.
- Surface water Discharge experience required.
- Wastewater Operator Class IV license required or to achieve within Company/State guidelines.
- Preferred Qualifications: Previous supervisory experience and experience in manufacturing setting.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
How to Apply: Please visit our website.