Whey Plant Superintendent
Job Title: Whey Plant Superintendent
Company: Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
Location: Blair, WI
JOB SUMMARY: This position will oversee and monitor all operations, functions, and employees working within the whey processing production, and shipping & receiving areas. The position will be conducted in a professional manner, paying special attention to production, quality, safety, communication, employee concerns and the overall efficiency of the plant. The Whey Superintendent must understand Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), all safety and personnel policies, must work well with individuals, and be a team player at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time:
1. All AMPI employees have an obligation to report employee safety, food safety and food quality issues to personnel of authority.
2. This position has a heightened food safety and food quality responsibilities.
3. Monitor processes and procedures to meet all production deadlines.
4. Monitor quality specifications for whey production and have awareness to customer expectations.
5. Train, retrain, develop, and monitor employees that work in the whey department.
6. Maintain accurate and complete production records and charts.
7. Responsible for scheduling and maintaining an accurate and efficient inventory system.
8. Follow up on the prompt issuance and completion of work orders.
9. Must understand proper sanitation, including operational knowledge of Clean in Place (CIP) chemicals and equipment.
10. Maintain a good working relationship with suppliers, patrons, employees, vendors, contractors, and customers.
11. Be on-call as needed, which may include any time outside of the normal shift and weekends.
12. Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and processes.
13. Be able to sign off and release whey processed loads, as needed.
14. Maintain customer satisfaction at all levels.
15. Maintain a high level of appearance and pride within the department.
16. Continually work with the whey production employees to reduce undergrade product.
17. Play an active role to inspect, review, and follow up on all plant and department audits.
18. Emphasize, train, and comply with all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
19. Enforce and train on all company and department policies and procedures, including attendance, safety, and discipline.
20. Understand the union contract and consistently apply this knowledge to staff.
21. Promptly work with human resources on employee situations by addressing employee concerns in a timely manner and immediately follow up on these situations professionally and confidentially.
22. Continually monitor progress, performance, morale and employee practices.
23. Provide accurate and detailed documentation on all employee and safety-related issues.
24. Work professional and effectively cross departmentally.
25. Communicate with supervisor, managers, and employees on a regular basis to explain changes/modifications and general business.
26. Uphold a high level of confidentiality.
27. Provide timely and accurate information as requested at all levels of the organization.
28. Must be punctual, prepared, and respectful of others while understanding personality differences.
29. Set realistic timeframes on projects and follow through.
30. Be an active participant in loss control and food safety.
31. Actively participate in the Emergency Response Team and training, at a minimum for the operations level.
32. Promote safety, support, help solve, and understand all company safety policies and practices.
33. Monitor plant conditions and maintain and safe working environment.
34. Communicate timely and professional with customers and contractors.
35. Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Prior management experience is preferred, but not required, depending on other qualifications.
• Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs highly desirable.
• Technical knowledge of fluid milk, cheese, and drying operations preferred.
• Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus.
Hours/Employment Type: Full time
Salary/Wages: Based on Experience
How to Apply: Visit our online posting (https://recruiting.ultipro.com/ASS1011/JobBoard/76f52471-7853-962f-b13f-e5190c56fd9c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=35e38470-c300-4440-a36c-5f86e014b5e1)
Questions? Please contact Emma Buss (firstname.lastname@example.org), (608)989-2535