Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Location: Lake Norden, South Dakota
Description: The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for maintaining the Agropur's Food Safety and Quality Assurance Program including all planned and systematic activities within the quality system that are demonstrated to provide confidence that the product meets quality requirements. This position provides leadership related to various quality programs including, but not limited to, HACCP, sanitation, hygiene, validation, document control, document review, change management, supplier/vendor qualification and management, raw material specifications, internal auditing, pest control, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the formulation, implementation and maintenance of basic policies, plans, programs, standards and techniques necessary to achieve food safety and quality objectives.
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which Agropur's food safety/quality goals, objectives and standards are being met; utilizing the results in the effective management of QA activities and recommending corrective actions as needed.
- Interface with sales, suppliers, customers, manufacturing, and distribution to establish food safety and quality requirements on individual products and services based on customer need, the function of the product and its reliability, salability, and value.
- Manage food safety and quality assurance functions to ensure that proposed and existing products and processes are reviewed to avoid or eliminate unnecessary food safety and quality issues; developing recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity and reliability and improve characteristics to reduce field failures and complaints.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Food Science, Dairy Science, Operations Management or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of quality assurance/control experience required; preferably in food processing/dairy production.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- HACCP Certification required.
- PCQI Certification required.
- SQF Certification required.
- Preferred Qualifications: ASQ CMQ/OE Certification and CIS
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus’ and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
How to Apply: Please visit our website