WCMA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) today announced new officers and new members for the 2020-21 Board of Directors, with terms beginning July 1. Dave Buholzer of Klondike Cheese Company, Monroe, WI will return as Board President for his second year.
Steve Bechel of Eau Galle Cheese Factory in Durand, WI, will return as First Vice President, Doug Wilke of Valley Queen Cheese Factory in Milbank, SD, will join executive team as Second Vice President, Mike Neu of Chr. Hansen in Milwaukee, WI, will return as Treasurer, and Greg Siegenthaler of Grande Cheese Company, Fond du Lac, WI, will return as Secretary.
Four industry leaders are joining the WCMA Board, including: Jeff Gentine of Masters Gallery Foods, in Plymouth, WI, Richard Guggisberg of Guggisberg Cheese in Millersburg, OH, Chris Renard of Renard’s Cheese, Sturgeon Bay, WI, and Bruce Workman of Edelweiss Creamery in Monticello, WI.
“WCMA’s Board of Directors has been active and fully engaged as our Association addressed industry-specific challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic,” said WCMA Executive Director John Umhoefer. “As our new year begins, we’ll have new perspectives to help us build on our current programming and better serve our members.”
The 2020-21 Board of Directors also includes:
• Brian Baker of Baker Cheese, St. Cloud, WI
• Craig Filkouski of Great Lakes Cheese Company, Hiram, OH
• Gary Gosda of Lake Country Dairy/Schuman Cheese, Turtle Lake, WI
• Mike Hinrichsen of AMPI, New Ulm, MN
• Randy LaGrander of LaGrander’s Hillside Dairy, Stanley, WI
• Linda Lee of Prairie Farms Dairy, Carlinville, IL
• Craig Linz of Tetra Pak, Inc., Winsted, MN
• Tim Omer of Emmi Roth USA, Fitchburg, WI
• Paul Scharfman of Specialty Cheese Company, Reeseville, WI
• Mike Sipple of Agropur Inc., Appleton, WI
• Mark Witke of Zimmerman Cheese, Wiota, WI
• Tayt Wuethrich of Grassland Dairy Products, Inc., Greenwood, WI
The WCMA Board of Directors wishes to express its appreciation to directors retiring from the Board this year who served the maximum term limit of six years: Chris Sandretti of Saputo Cheese USA, Milwaukee, WI; Jim Bleick of Graf Creamery, Bonduel, WI; Jeff Wideman of Maple Leaf Cheese Co-op, Monroe, WI and Ken Meyers of MCT Dairies, Inc., Millburn, NJ.