Senior Maintenance Manager
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Manager
Location: Lake Norden, South Dakota
Description: The Senior Maintenance Manager is the senior position in the Maintenance department that is responsible for overseeing maintenance and support of facilities, utilities and equipment, including automation and working in collaboration with Engineering on major plant projects. This position is responsible for setting the overall goals, strategies, and objectives for the Maintenance departments and team. This position facilitates all current and future maintenance and automation activities to ensure uninterrupted operations, while motivating and developing the managers, support leaders, maintenance mechanics and automation technicians. The Senior Maintenance Manager will also ensure the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, at the most economical cost or method, while maximizing production quantity and quality and supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Oversee all maintenance functions within the manufacturing environment including process and automation improvements.
- Drive projects with the support of Engineering.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Analyze processes and systems, recommend improvements, and implement changes to improve efficiency and performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas, recommend solution options, and implement changes to improve performance.
- Manage, support, and mentor teams (maintenance, automation, projects, etc.) to effectively drive and document change.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, provide support and mentor team of building/facilities/utilities mechanics who are responsible for boilers, chillers, compressed air, steam, softeners, electrical, natural gas, etc.
- Work in collaboration to support and maintain the preventative maintenance and work orders for the entire Wastewater Treatment plant facility.
- In conjunction with the Automation Manager, provide technical guidance, training and direction for plant-based automation personnel.
- Prepare technical specifications, project work descriptions, bid documents, and reports.
- Operate the utilities systems at the most efficient manner through automation and equipment design.
- Direct and monitor the purchasing, use and inventory of spare and critical parts, maintenance supplies and equipment, working in adherence with Global Sourcing polices, under the guidance of the Plant Manager (as applicable), at the most cost effective means and within budget.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of shop equipment.
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related issues.
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Minimum ten (10) years facility/maintenance experience in food production environment required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a managerial role required.
- Minimum five (5) years of food processing experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of the dairy plant, maintenance required.
- Strong experience with plant automation required.
- The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required. Other engineering disciplines or education may be considered.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Hours/Employment Type: Full Time
How to Apply: Please visit our online website
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity